Study in Norway is delighted to invite Brazilian students to take part in our contest Why Study in Norway, and explore themes relating to expectations to and outcomes of studies in Norway.
Examples of such themes may be:
- How studies in Norway could support your academic ambitions.
- How studies in Norway could improve your career opportunities.
- Norwegian academic tradition and working life.
- Norwegian humor, culture and business culture.
NB! You are not expected to answer the questions above literally; they are just a few examples. However, you are expected to communicate your message in a metaphoric and symbolic way. This could be done in a photo, a video or a short text, - keep it simple and use your creativity!
The winner will receive a round-trip to Norway. We will cover the airline ticket, accommodation and meals for five days.
He/she will be invited to visit one Norwegian university or University College, meet Norwegian and international students and experience Norwegian culture and nature. The winner must be able to communicate in English.
Rules and Regulations
The contest is announced on www.studyinnorway.no on August 23 2016, and will run until September 17 2016 at 12.00 noon (Brazilian time).
Eligible participants should submit their contribution; a photo, a video or a text, according to the guidelines below:
- All textual genres are allowed (essay, poetry etc.)
- Texts should be no longer than 500 words
- Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- The language of all submission should be English.
- Quality of the video/photo should be at least 1 MB per photo.
Note: Study in Norway/SIU reserve the right to use the submitted material for promotional purposes. The winner will be asked to contribute photos and texts from the stay in Norway to Studyinnorway.no and facebook.
The assessment committee will consist of both Brazilian and Norwegian representatives. The following criteria will be emphasised by the committee when selecting a winner:
- Knowledge of Norway
Who can enter?
Brazilian students, 18 years or older. You should be a undergraduate, graduate or PhD student matriculated at a Brazilian university and studying in Brazil for the academic year of 2016/17.
How to enter?
- Follow this link and submit an entry form with your contact details.
- Like/follow Study in Norway's Facebook and Instagram Profile.
- Post a photo/video on Instagram and/or Facebook and use #whystudyinnorway. Textual contributions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submissions and the entry form must be submitted by September 17, 2016 at 12.00 noon (Brazilian time).
Q: Can I speak/write in Portuguese?
A: No, all content (oral and written) should be in English.
Q: If I win, when can I go to Norway?
A: Anytime, within the end of September 2017. Be aware that the academic year in Norway lasts from mid-August until mid-June. To include a visit to a university campus and meet students you should make the trip within that period.
Q: I am Brazilian, but studying abroad at the moment. Am I eligible?
A: No. The contest is only open to Brazilian students, matriculated at a Brazilian university and studying in Brazil the coming academic year (2016/17).
Q: I already have a PhD. Am I eligible?
A: No. PhD candidates may take part in the contest, but not persons who have completed their academic studies.
Q: If I win, can I stay longer than five nights in Norway?
A: Yes. If you want to extend your stay on your own expenses, you are free to do so.
If you have further questions, please send an email to email@example.com.