Study in Norway French studentsEn Franšais

Mind. Body.

Health Insurance

Students from France must have social security coverage from their home country. They must obtain the European Health Insurance Card (replaces the old E 128 form) entitling them to medical treatment in accordance with the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme. For further information about the card please contact the nearest social security office in your home country.

Students working in Norway may be entitled to membership in the National Insurance Scheme.
Some institutions provide on campus health services. The semester card which you receive by semester registration may entitle you free medical treatment at the institution's student health services.

This treatment usually does not apply to medicines or to medical tests taken off campus. The cost of medicines is only covered if you are hospitalised, or suffer from a serious disease, and are member of the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme, or have a European Health Insurance Card or another form of social security which covers these costs.

More information about health care in Norway

Last modified: 11/10/2008 8:19 am


Profiles and interviews
Bookmark and Share