Master of Science in Plant Science
Together with other research institutes established at Aas, UMB provides state-of-the-art knowledge based on a broad range of disciplines. UMB's main objectives are:
- To be a major player in the field of life sciences, focusing on the core disciplines:
- biology, food and environmental science
- land use and natural resource management
- as well as associated aesthetic and technical subjects
- To actively contribute to business development and continue to strengthen the scientific basis for agriculture, aquaculture and other industries based on the utilisation of natural resources.
A broad range of study programmes are offered at Bachelor, Master and PhD level.
|Programme website||http://www.umb.no/study-options/a...e/master-of-science-in-plant-science (Opens in new window)|
|Contact (person and/or unit)||Ingrid Bugge|
|Programme duration||2 years|
The programme provides specialization in agriculture, horticulture, plant biology or plant pathology. You can choose between three study options:
1)Agriculture and horticulture, focusing on:
- Flowers, fruits, berries and vegetables
- Cereal, fibre and oil plants and diverse fodder plants
- Physiological processes in plants, affected by external conditions (nutrients, temperature, light and day length)
- How plant breeding are used to meet the market
2)Plant biology, focusing on:
- Environment and climate effects on plant functions
- Genetics and molecular methods
The specialization is a cooperation between the Nordic countries and is focusing on plant health and plant protection . Choice of electives provides the possibility for individual adjustments in the study programmes.
December 1 for international applicants
June 1 for applicants holding a Norwegian or Nordic degree, or a Norwegian Civic Registration number (fødselsnummer)
(What is this?)
Bachelor’s degree in plant science, biology, biotechnology or equivalent education that includes basic knowledge in mathematics, chemistry, plant physiology, and natural sciences.
Applicants must meet the university’s requirement for English language proficiency.
|Tuition||No tuition fees|
|Subject area||Natural Sciences|
|Language of teaching||English|