SIU is a public agency that promotes international cooperation in education. SIU administers programmes for the education sector, including programmes based on cooperation with employers and the business sector. SIU is a subordinate agency under the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research.
Promoting Norwegian education
SIU is responsible for promoting Norway as an attractive study destination for international students, and Norwegian universities and university colleges as attractive partners for international institutions. SIU also administers www.studyinnorway.no, the official webpage for international students about studying in Norway, and a associated Facebook and Instagram profile. Below you can download Study in Norway promotional materials.
- Study in Norway promotional film: International student (Canada) about the Norwegian nature (Youtube)
- Study in Norway promotional film: International student (China) about the Norwegian society (Youtube)
- Study in Norway promotional film: International student (The Netherlands) about the Norwegian education system (Youtube)
- Study in Norway promotional film: International student (Brazil) about career possibilities (YouTube)
- International students in Norway 2016 - Perceptions of Norway as a study destination (Adobe pdf)
SIU is commissioned by several national and international public organisations to administer international programmes at all levels of education:
- SIU is the National Agency for Erasmus+, the EU’s programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport.
- SIU administers the EEA Grants/Norway Grants, whose main purpose is to reduce social and economic disparities in Europe.
SIU administers Nordplus, the Nordic Council of Minister’s most important programme in the area of lifelong learning.
- SIU also administers a number of other programmes. For more information:
- SIU's website in English
- SIU's website in Norwegian
- Website for Norwegian students considering studying abroad: www.studeriutlandet.no
More information on programmes: Contact email@example.com
Our programmes can support a number of different activities. Here are some examples:
This webpage is under development – more resources will be available winter 2017.